The app keeps track of when you last accessed it and automatically turns it on from the default. On the other hand, the functionality will alert other users if you have recently reviewed your Instagram account. In addition, you can also turn off the Instagram activity status if you don’t want your online activities to be broadcast in real-time. Anyone can understand when you last became active. Similarly, you can change the permeability of your active status depending on the situation.
How to turn off active status on Instagram
- Need to open Instagram.
- In the navigation menu, click on the icon for your profile.
- To get to the settings page, click on your profile symbol situated at the upper right.
- From there, click Settings and then Privacy.
- Scroll down until you find Activity Status under Interactions.
- Switch next to Show Activity Status.
- Defaults should be to turn on activity and make the icon blue.
- It is not necessary for you to change the icon color if the color of the icon is gray, as the icon is already switched off.
There is an easy way to turn off the active status of your Instagram account. As a result of your changes, the activity status of your profile will no longer be visible to others.
Off your active status in Instagram (Computer)
In case you want to turn off your active status on the Instagram app, you can also do it easily on the web version. All you need to do is follow the instructions as follows.
- Log in to Instagram Web using the web browser you’re using.
- In order to access the settings page, click on your profile icon located at the top right.
- Then go to the Settings page.
- In the left-hand panel, click on Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down to Activity Status and uncheck the box next to Show Activity Status.
Why turn off your Instagram active status?
Several popular social media platforms offer the option to turn off the active status, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. However, Instagram offers the feature of allowing other users to see when you are active or have recently been active. People cannot knock on the door or give a direct message if it isn’t visible to everyone.
In addition, even though the activity status is enabled automatically, you can turn it off whenever you want. It is much more effortless to understand whether a user is active or has been active previously after they have been active. However, most people do not feel comfortable sharing their online status with others. In fact, some users prefer to keep their online status hidden.
Keeping your privacy is important
Furthermore, if you prefer peaceful browsing, you can turn off the active status from the individual choice. Additionally, you can browse images and videos without being disturbed. If someone knocks on your chatbox, they need to immediately respond to a direct message simply because they know that you are online.
One of the most important reasons for disguising one’s active status is to protect personal privacy. This prevents certain nosy users from being able to determine when you are online or when you just got online.
What you should remain in mind
- Instagram has some limitations on the activity status to twenty-five people on your direct messaging list, even if it is not off. You might still have to disable your activity status to avoid being seen by people you message frequently.
- Remember that you could revert any changes to your active status to default if you update or reinstall the Instagram app. You can suppress your active status by following the means above.
- Even though you may have disabled your active status in the app, your active status may still be visible elsewhere. Both your mobile and your desktop must be disabled if you use Instagram on both.
Instagram last seen
Anyone can see the last status of their account
- People who are following them
- Those with whom you have exchanged direct messages
In order to view the last time someone was online, you must meet this criterion. There are many ways to see the active status on Instagram, and the green dot will appear next to the username and profile of an active user. In addition, this indicates that they are currently online. To find out when a user was online last, you can use Instagram’s messaging platform. However, you will only be able to see the data of those you follow. The difference is small, but it is important because it gives you control over who can view what.
Can’t I see who was last active?
When you fail to see the last level of a person you have to follow or communicate with on Instagram, there are several possible reasons.
- It is possible that you are not following the person you are interested in – we only watch the status of those we follow, so the same applies to everyone else.
- If you do not follow someone and you have never used Direct Messages to communicate with them, this information will not be available to you.
- Assuming that you can’t see their last active status in the wake of meeting the standards, they probably have it switched off.
- This is easy to spot since you won’t see their Instagram profile.
Arun is a self-published author with a passion for sharing his knowledge and expertise on tech with people who are looking to find the perfect article for their needs. He furnishes you with genuine knowledge that can assist you with deciding whether a tech is appropriate according to your requirements or not.